Come and join us for an extraordinary combination of learning or improving your English language skills AND travel in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. You will have the chance to instantly test your new language skills on our amazing “South Africa Explorer Tour” with Pangea Trails.
You will have the choice to learn and improve your english language skills with the amazing guys from International House (iH) before or after our unmatched “South Africa Explorer Tour” with Pangea Trails. So either have the trip of a lifetime first and experience the highlights of South Africa and go to the classrowm straight after OR do the homework first before finishing off your visit to South Africa with our epic journey through the best backpacker hostels South Africa has to offer while practicing what you have learned.
WE let YOU choose!!!
Cape Town is the unofficial capital of South Africa, fondly referred to as the “Mother City”. It boasts the most beautiful setting of mountain-meets-ocean where the famous Table Mountain watches over the magnificent local beaches known for their international standards.
The language school
IH Cape Town is conveniently located on the main road of beautiful Sea Point, directly opposite the Sea Point swimming pools and the Atlantic Ocean. It is a short drive away from the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, the city centre as well as the famous beaches Clifton and Camps Bay. Our classes are small so each student can be treated as an individual. The atmosphere is relaxed, reflecting the laid-back nature of the city itself.
Standard courses: contextual lessons are balanced to ensure that students improve their ability to apply language structures for authentic communication and improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
Intensive courses: further improvement of students’ fluency and communicative competence.
Other courses: Business English, private tuition, exam preparation, English for Specific Purposes, English & Volunteering, Demi Pair programme, 50s Plus, Young Learner programmes and CELTA (teacher training) courses. Free Online English courses available for the duration of their stay in Cape Town.
Course structure and insights
- We have 7 different levels, level 1 – level 7 (Elementary – Advanced)
- Lessons start at 9:00 – 12:40 Standard English (only mornings)
- 13:30 – 15:10 Intensive English (Mornings and Afternoons)
- Classes run from Monday – Friday throughout the year, except for public holidays
- Every Monday new students join
- We have no more than 12 students per class
- We offer social activities 3x per week
- Student party with bbq 1x per month
Accommodation and services
Accommodation is provided at Ashanti Lodge Gardens.
Transport to the school and back
Activities and day tours
All dates are strictly according to the departure dates of Pangea Trails as stipulated on our website.
To make it even more convenient for you we have listed all the available accommodation options for the duration of your 5 week stay in South Africa. For couples we did the same in the second section of the pricing list:
Summer 2014 (January – April)
|Standard course||Intensive course|
|Dorm – Dorm||ZAR 27630||ZAR 30610|
|En Suite – En Suite||ZAR 34630||ZAR 37610|
|Dorm – En Suite||ZAR 31010||ZAR 33980|
|En Suite – Dorm||ZAR 31250||ZAR 34230|
|En Suite – En Suite (2 guests)||ZAR 69250||ZAR 75210|
|Dorm – En Suite (2 guests)||ZAR 62010||ZAR 67960|
|En Suite – Dorm (2 guests)||ZAR 62500||ZAR 68460|
Winter 2014 (May – November)
|Standard course||Intensive course|
|Dorm – Dorm||ZAR 27470||ZAR 30450|
|En Suite – En Suite||ZAR 33840||ZAR 36820|
|Dorm – En Suite||ZAR 30850||ZAR 33830|
|En Suite – Dorm||ZAR 30470||ZAR 33440|
|En Suite – En Suite (2 guests)||ZAR 67680||ZAR 73630|
|Dorm – En Suite (2 guests)||ZAR 61690||ZAR 67650|
|En Suite – Dorm (2 guests)||ZAR 60930||ZAR 66880|
Prices include the following
- 2 week language course (standard or intensive) with iH Language School in Cape Town
- Bus ticket for the daily transport to the language school and back to the hostel
- Accommodation at Ashanti Lodge – Gardens
- Pangea Trails 3 week “South Africa Explorer Tour”
In case you are choosing the travel component firstly you will arrive with us after the tour in Cape Town at Ashanti Lodge. The following Monday your language course will start accordingly.
What’s not included?
- Flights to and from Cape Town International Airport
- Travel insurance
- Transport from Cape Town to Johannesburg if the project is planned before the 3 week Pangea Trails Tour. You can either arrange this transport yourself or choose to make the trip with the Pangea Taxi. The Pangea Taxi is a transit to Johannesburg leaving Cape Town on the Friday morning before the Sunday start of the tour. This 2-day trip passes through the Karoo region of South Africa and is a scenic drive. The cost of fuel will be shared among all the participants. The cost of an overnight stay in Bloemfontein and meals are not included.